For Prospective Hosts
We invite you to join the Harvest Hosts community, an enterprising group of winemakers, farmers, producers and attractions who have agreed to allow self-contained Harvest Hosts RV Members to visit their businesses and stay for 24 hours on their properties for free.
This is an opportunity to expand your business to new potential customers who are interested in learning about your products and your way of life. Your invitation to visit gives Harvest Hosts Members the incentive and encouragement to venture off the main roads and experience new places. There is no cost to you to participate as Harvest Hosts strives to support the small farmer and entrepreneur.
All Harvest Hosts RV Members are self-contained and need no services. They agree to a detailed Code of Conduct and are more than just tourists; they are consumers of local products who appreciate rural communities and are eager to learn about your business and lifestyle.
Harvest Hosts Members enjoy meeting new people and supporting businesses where they visit, and they prefer to buy local whenever possible. All Members are also encouraged to support their Hosts with purchases.
Why should you become a Host?
- There is no cost for you to participate.
- Approximately 8.2 million American households own an RV. The average Harvest Hosts RV Member is 50-64 and has a median household income of $93,600.
- The goodwill generated by allowing Harvest Hosts RV Members to stay for free motivates them to make purchases.
- Harvest Hosts members can be your ambassadors of good will as word of mouth travels fast in the RV community.
Harvest Hosts RV Members receive a Host Directory detailing participating Hosts. The information provided includes your location, contact information, GPS coordinates and any activities you offer. It also includes information on what size RVs you can accommodate, the number of RVs, the parking surface provided and whether pets are allowed. We suggest that property owners provide space for 1-4 RVs, however it remains the discretion of the property owner as to the total number of spaces you want to offer, as well as the location of the parking spaces.
All Harvest Hosts members agree to a detailed Code of Conduct that includes the requirement that they call ahead to make arrangements for their visits.
- Check with your insurance agent to confirm that your existing liability policy covers you.
- Accurately determine what RVs your property can accommodate.
- Make sure that your property remains accessible for the size RVs that you have indicated (no tight turns, no tree branches, etc.)
- Provide a fairly level parking area with space for RV side-slides to be extended (if applicable).
- Make sure that employees are aware of the Harvest Hosts program and know where you would like your RV guests to park.
- Ask for the Harvest Hosts membership card and vehicle badge.
Harvest Hosts supports the economic growth of rural communities and the direct relationship between the growers, the producers and their customers.
Avail yourself of this exciting potential market now. Join the Harvest Hosts community.
Take a look at photos submitted by members of their Host visits.