- What are the member benefits?
- What type of vehicles are allowed?
- Do the Hosts offer electricity, water or sewer hook-ups?
- Can I use a generator?
- Are Hosts open all year?
- Can I arrive unannounced?
- Can I arrive after business hours?
- How far ahead should I call the Hosts?
- How long can I stay?
- Must I buy something from the Host?
- How much should I spend at a Host location?
- Are pets allowed?
- If I don’t drink, can I still stay at a winery or brewery?
- I will be traveling with a friend in a second vehicle, do they need to be a member of Harvest Hosts?
- I’m on the road or leaving soon, how do I get my membership card?
- Can I volunteer?
- What are the parking areas like?
- Can I use leveling devices?
- How do Hosts benefit from the program?
What are the member benefits?
- Online Directory of Hosts that will allow you access to park overnight, for free (but please remember to support them for their kindness). Each Host has their own information page that gives you a description of the Host, hours of operation, contact information, website/Facebook locations, amenities, photos, and reviews.
- Membership Dashboard to allow you to
- View and make changes to your account
- Download your Harvest Hosts membership card and vehicle badge
- Upload your reviews and photos for the Hosts you visit on your travel adventures
- Interactive Host Map that allows you to
- Search Hosts by State, Locations, or Route
- Create trips to save Hosts that look interesting to you.
- Apps for your mobile device
- Monthly Newsletter introducing you to new Hosts and Harvest Hosts Happenings
- Customer Service department dedicated to helping you.
What type of vehicles are allowed?
All Vehicles must be fully self contained: Your RV must have an interior toilet and built-in holding tanks for waste water. Porta-potties are acceptable but must be dumped off-site at an appropriate facility. The dumping of any gray water on Host properties is prohibited. You must have interior cooking facilities. Sorry, no tents of any kind allowed.
Prohibited: Tents, campers with tent pop-outs, mini-vans, sleeping in cars or trucks.
Are there vehicle size restrictions?
You can filter locations by sizes of 29 foot, 44 foot, or more than 45 foot in total length. These lengths INCLUDE any trailer or towed vehicle. If you are comfortable with disconnecting your tow, then you can classify your vehicle by the length of only the RV.
Do the Hosts offer electricity, water or sewer hook-ups?
Can I use a generator?
Are Hosts open all year?
Can I arrive unannounced?
By calling ahead, you can ensure that the Host (1) is open and can accommodate you, (2) can tell you if there is a special entrance and (3) can be specific about where you should park when you arrive.
Can I arrive after business hours?
How far ahead should I call the Hosts?
If you like to plan out your trip and stick to an itinerary, we recommend calling the Host and asking if you can set a date to visit no more than 2 weeks in advance. As the Hosts are not campgrounds, they do not have reservation systems and are unable to “reserve” dates months in advance. Once you have arranged a visit, please call to confirm on the day you will arrive.
Likewise, if you change your plans, please let the Hosts know so that they are not waiting for you to arrive as scheduled.
How long can I stay?
Must I buy something from the Host?
How much should I spend at a Host location?
Are pets allowed?
If I don’t drink, can I still stay at a winery or brewery?
I will be traveling with a friend in a second vehicle, do they need to be a member of Harvest Hosts?
I’m on the road or leaving soon, how do I get my membership card?
Can I volunteer?
What are the parking areas like?
Can I use leveling devices?
How do Hosts benefit from the program?
Can’t find the answer to your question? Feel free to contact us, we are always ready to assist.