About Harvest Hosts
Harvest Hosts is a membership program that provides access to a network of wineries, farms, breweries, golf courses, museums and other unique attractions that invite self-contained RVers to visit and stay overnight.
For a small yearly membership fee, Harvest Hosts members can visit and stay at any of our 4773+ stunning locations completely free, in return for supporting the local businesses that they visit. We connect RVers with the hidden gems of Real America, where they find unique experiences and make lasting memories with family and friends.
Harvest Hosts is a 200,000+ members program that provides access to a network of wineries, farms, distilleries, golf courses, museums and other unique attractions that allow self-contained RVers to visit overnight.
In an effort to support local businesses like yourself, our members are encouraged to support the businesses they visit. The support could be purchasing some wine, shopping at your gift shop, playing a around of golf or buying local produce. All we ask of you is to allow our members to stay overnight ONE night. With members from the United States, Canada and around the world supporting businesses…everybody wins!
Testimonials from current hosts
“From the virus we suffered a huge financial loss but we found another revenue stream we never knew existed,” said Helen, who has hosted RVs from gigantic busses to tiny teardrop trailers stay overnight next to their pasture that holds a dozen or so beef cattle and their calves. “It saved us,” she said. “And it gave us a new appreciation for our farm.”
“We didn’t know what to expect when we joined as Harvest Hosts. But now we couldn’t be happier. The guests we see are kind, engaged and thoughtful. We have hosted over 100 RV’s at our ranch, and every group has left with big smiles and products from our tasting room, creating a considerable boost in our annual sales.”
“We have truly enjoyed being a part of Harvest Hosts. We get many visitors every week some local and some just passing through that use your service and ultimately patronize Vermilion Valley Vineyards. We have met people and have had wonderful conversations with people from all over the country due to Harvest Hosts. Camping and RVing is truly a social network that we never knew existed before our commitment to Harvest Hosts.”
“For the past 2 years Agua Dulce Winery has been a Harvest Host. Every week travelers from around the country stay at our 100 acre winery. They enjoy beautiful peaceful grounds and taste some of Southern California’s finest wines. While selling our wine to Harvest Hosts visitors is beneficial to our business we love meeting people and hearing about their travels on the open road. We have had visitors in million dollar motor homes to couples travelling in vans. Everyone has been a pleasure and we look forward to a long relationship with Harvest Hosts. Cheers!”
Why become a Host?
- NO COST – We will connect your business with thousands of our members and there is no cost for you to
- MEMBER PURCHASES – We ask our members to support the businesses they are visiting with a purchase.
- HOST PAGE – Each Host has their own page on our website and members access this through the membership portal.
You can add pictures, video, and any information you want to tell our members about your business. It also includes links to your website and Facebook page. You can edit much of the information using your Host login to ensure accuracy of hours, products, and parking instructions. Every time a member looks up your state or province, your personal Host page will pop up so that members can learn more about you.
- REVIEWS & REFERRALS – Harvest Host members can be your ambassadors of goodwill and help further promote your business. They can write reviews both on our website and on social media. Our community has a wonderful network and you will find that good news travels fast leading to more support for you!
- NO SERVICES REQUIRED – Member vehicles are required to be self-contained. You do not need to provide electricity, water, sewage dump, or wi-fi. If you have any of those, that is a great bonus for our members, but they are not required.
- ONE OVERNIGHT STAY – Your business is important to you…and to us. We ask our members to limit their stay to one day.
You are more than welcome to extend an invitation for them to stay longer, but that is your choice.
- MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT – Our members agree to a code of conduct that you can see here: Code of Conduct We expect that they treat your property with care and respect. As a Host, you will also have access to our Member Ratings system, where you can read reviews that Hosts have written about specific Members who have stayed with them and write your own reviews of Members who stay with you. This is a big part of how we monitor our Members and make sure they uphold our high standards when interacting with and staying with any Host.
- COMPLIMENTARY MEMBERSHIP – We give all of our Hosts a free membership with full access to the Harvest Host website and membership benefits. If you have your own RV, you can visit other Hosts in your travels.
- CONNECTION – We don’t mean to brag, but we have the best members! You will meet some amazing people as they journey around. Our Hosts love the program as much as our members.
How Does the Program Work?
- MEMBER CONTACT – Harvest Host members are able to secure their reservation via our Request-A-Stay system or by email/phone. Hosts are able to select their preferred form of communication and have the ability to approve the request. Our members know that they must always contact you ahead of time before showing up.
- MEMBER VERIFICATION – Upon booking or arrival ask the member for their membership number or card. They can give you a printed card or show it to you on a mobile device. Through your Host login, you are able to run their member number to see the current status of their membership.
- MEMBER ARRIVAL – We suggest using a sign-in sheet or writing this information down to keep track of your visitors. Direct the members to where you want them to park and tell them a little bit about your business.
- ENJOY THE VISIT – As we said, we have the best members ever! You will enjoy meeting the new patrons that are traveling through your area, hearing their stories, and learning about the RV lifestyle.
Check out our Route to Success for more information about being a Host.
What is Harvest Host?
- OVERNIGHT STAY – Allow our members to stay one night at your location without camping fees and no minimum purchase requirements.
- BUSINESS LICENSE & INSURANCE – Our Hosts tell us that most insurance companies cover a guest within the scope of normal business insurance. Check with your agent to insure you have a liability policy that covers you. Please note that the Member Code of Conduct requires our members to have their own insurance. They are also required to agree that Hosts are not responsible for damage or theft to their vehicles or to members and their family.
- PRODUCTS TO SELL – We want a Member-Host visit to be a reciprocal transaction. They have a place to stay for the night and your business benefits from allowing them to stay.
- WEBSITE AND/OR FACEBOOK PAGE – Our members love to do their research while they are traveling. An online presence helps members know they are going to a secure location to stay.
- PARKING AND ACCESSIBILITY – We suggest 1-4 parking spaces but that remains to your discretion. Many times, our members like to travel in pairs, so you might have occasions with a little party in your parking lot! Speaking of parking lot…it can be gravel, grass, or paved. Members just need level areas to be able to extend their slides. Our members also want to know that they have plenty of room to turn around and won’t hit low hanging
- MEMBER CONTACT – We offer request a service provided on each host profile to allow members to see your location’s availability without having to call you. Hosts can block dates and control hours of availability. The system automatically captures the member’s name, number, and information to create an even easier booking process for
- MEMBER VERIFICATION – Upon booking or arrival ask the member for their membership number or card. They can give
you a printed card or show it to you on a mobile device. Through your Host login, you are able to run their
member number to see the current status of their membership.
Join over 4773+ other wineries,
breweries, farms, museums,
stores, golf courses, and more
In welcoming wonderful folks from an incredible
community to stay overnight at and support
your business or establishment.
Interested In Becoming A Host?
Enter your info below to receive more information straight to your inbox! (No spam!)