Harvest Hosts Opco LLC.
Last Updated: February 25, 2022
- Contact information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title and company name.
- Content you choose to upload to the Service, such as text, images, audio, and video, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Precise geolocation information, such as when you authorize our mobile application to access your location.
- Profile information, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, an up-to-date profile photo (if required), vehicle information (e.g., RV model and manufacturer, and if required, an up-to-date photograph of the vehicle), your saved trips hosts, interests, and preferences.
- Payment information, we may collect your payment card information and billing address if, for example, you sign up for a Harvest Host membership.
- Publicly available information, including comments describing support for and experience with our websites or mobile applications and information that you or others publish on social media, testimonials, blogs or other forums, such as tweets, comments, photographs, or video or audio content.
- Reservation information, such as information you provide when you make a reservation using the Services.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Information we obtain from other third parties. We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as marketing partners.
Information we collect about hosts. We collect personal information from you if you sign up to join as a Host. The information you provide to us may include your first name, last name, email address, business name, business address, and phone number. As a Host, you may also provide us with testimonials and reviews regarding our services. Hosts may choose to upload pictures, video and any other information about the Host’s business on our Services. Host can also choose to provide links to their website or social media pages, such as Facebook, on our Services.
We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Service, including but not limited:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier (such as the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising), browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our website, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as information about your use of and actions on the Service, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access; and other personal information.
On our webpages, this information is collected using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), web beacons, and similar technologies, and our emails may also contain web beacons. In our mobile application, we may collect this information directly or through our use of third-party software development kits (“SDKs”). SDKs may enable third parties to collect information directly from our App.
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Browser web storage, or LSOs, are used for similar purposes as cookies. Browser web storage enables the storage of a larger amount of data than cookies. A “web beacon,” also known as a pixel tag or clear GIF, is typically used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of our marketing campaigns or engagement with our emails and to compile statistics about usage of our websites. A SDK is third-party computer code that we may incorporate into our mobile applications that may be used for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of our mobile applications, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to our app, or to facilitate online advertising.
Web browsers may offer users of our websites or mobile apps the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our websites may not function correctly. Please see the “Targeted online advertising” section for information about how to exercise choice regarding the use of browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising.
Members of our Service may have the opportunity to refer friends or other contacts to us. If you are an existing member, you may only submit a referral if you have permission to provide the referral’s contact information to us so that we may contact them.
We may communicate with you electronically, including e-mail, phone, text messaging, web chat, website, video messaging, social media, and other technology, as well as via mail.
- make Host reservations and communicate with you about your reservations
- provide, operate and improve the Service
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service
- provide support and maintenance for the Service
To communicate with you, including to:
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- communicate with you about events or contests in which you participate
- to respond to your requests, questions and feedback
For research and development. We analyze use of the Service to analyze and improve the Service and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Service.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may use your personal information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards, and send you Harvest Host-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the Opt out of marketing section below.
To display advertisements. We work with advertising partners to display advertisements on the Service or elsewhere online. These advertisements are delivered by our advertising partners and may be targeted based on your use of the Service or your activity elsewhere online. To learn more about your choices in connection with advertisements, please see the section below titled “Targeted online advertising.”
To comply with law. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Other Users of the Service and the Public. We may provide functionality that enables you to disclose personal information to other users of the Service or the public. For instance, you may be able to maintain a user profile with information about yourself that you can make available to other users or the public. You may also be able to submit content to the Service (such as comments, reviews, surveys, blogs, photos, and videos), and we will display your name, and user profile along with the content you submit. We do not control how other users, or third parties use any personal information that you make available to such users or the public.
Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
Business transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
Update your account. If you have a membership account on the Services, you can upgrade or cancel your membership and update your profile information, such as your name, email address, and password, by logging in to your account.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at [email protected] You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Choosing not to share your personal information. Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the Service to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with our services. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Service by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
The Service may contain links to other websites and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites, mobile applications and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
We are headquartered in the United States and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us.
Please direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to [email protected]. You may also write to us via postal mail at:
Harvest Hosts Opco LLC.
Attn: Legal – Privacy
1300 N. Frontage Rd, #1594
Vail, Colorado 81657
Notice to California Residents
We are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) to provide to California residents an explanation of how we collect, use, and share their personal Information, and of the rights and choices we offer California residents regarding our handling of their personal information.
This notice and the privacy rights it describes does not apply to information related to Hosts, business contacts, or employees. We treat all personal information we collect from hosts as pertaining to individuals in their business capacity and not their personal capacity.
Personal Information that We Collect, Use, and Share
- When you make a reservation with a Host through Harvest Hosts, you direct us to disclose your information to the Host so that it can provide the services you request.
|Personal information we collect||CCPA-defined categories (Definitions are available here)||Sources of personal information||Purposes for which we may collect and use the personal information||Categories of third parties to whom we “disclose” PI for a business purpose|
|To operate the Service||Service Providers
Hosts, where you booked a reservation through Harvest Hosts
Compliance, Fraud Prevention and Safety
|Payment information||Financial Information
|You||To operate the Service||Service Providers
Compliance, Fraud Prevention and Safety
|Feedback or correspondence||Commercial information
Social media websites
Publicly available information
The Host where you booked a reservation using Harvest Host
|To operate the Service||Service providers
Compliance, fraud prevention and safety
|Device data||Online Identifiers
|Automatic collection||For research and development||Service providers
Compliance, fraud prevention and safety
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
The CCPA grants individuals the following rights:
- Information: You can request information about how we have collected, used, and shared your Personal Information during the past 12 months. We have made this information available to California residents without having to request it by including it in this notice, in the above chart.
- Access: You can request a copy of the personal information that we collected about you.
- Deletion: You can ask us to delete the personal information that we collected or maintain about you.
Please note that the CCPA limits these rights by, for example, prohibiting us from providing certain sensitive information in response to an access request and limiting the circumstances in which we must comply with a deletion request. If we deny your request, we will communicate our decision to you.
You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
California Shine the Light Law. Under California Civil Code section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us at 1300 N. Frontage Rd, #1594, Vail, Colorado 81657 or via email at [email protected]. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in your request and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
To request access to or deletion of personal information email: [email protected]
The CCPA requires us to verify the identity of the individual submitting a request to access or delete personal information before providing a substantive response to the request.
California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have a written authorization confirming that authority.