Code of Conduct
Harvest Hosts members appreciate that the invitation to visit overnight is a special opportunity and will behave respectfully.
Please remember that the Hosts are not campgrounds and respect their work and privacy.
We ask all members to show their appreciation for their Host’s hospitality by making a purchase.
Out of respect for your Hosts:
- All RVs must be self-contained. Your RV MUST have an INTERIOR toilet and BUILT-IN holding tanks for waste water (no exterior tanks allowed). Porta-potties are acceptable but must be dumped offsite at an appropriate facility. The dumping of ANY gray water on Host properties is prohibited. You must have INTERIOR cooking facilities. Sorry, no tent trailers, teardrops, tiny houses or tents of any kind allowed. Custom conversion RVs please send us photos for review before joining;
- Always call 24 hours ahead to arrange your visit. Do not attempt to arrange visits by email as busy Hosts may be slow to respond. Please do not arrive unannounced. If your plans change, please notify your Host;
- Arrive only during business hours and be aware that some sites may have gates that will be closed after hours;
- When calling, tell the Host what size vehicle you are driving. Ask which entrance you should use and be aware that you may have to unhook your tow vehicle. Ask if there are any additional conditions you should know about;
- Introduce yourself and show the Host your membership card. Hosts will only allow current members of Harvest Hosts to park overnight on their property;
- Please make a purchase as a thank you for your overnight stay;
- Do not stay longer than 24 hours without an invitation from your Host;
- Park only in the areas indicated. Parking areas may not always be 100% level;
- Please keep a low profile. Remember that the sites are not campgrounds and take care not to disturb the Hosts’ neighbors. Be sure to stop any noise, music and generators by 10 pm
- Ask before using gas BBQs. Do not use charcoal grills or light fires of any kind;
- Do not use jacks without jack-pads on asphalt, the weight of the rig can cause damage. Inform your Host if you have slide-outs so that you can be parked in an appropriate location;
- Remember these sites can be working vineyards, farms or historical properties. Please use care and supervise children and pets at all times. Refrain from exploring closed or restricted areas;
- Pets must be leashed and may only be allowed in parking areas. Please pick up after them. Farm dogs may be present, please check with your Host before taking pets out;
- Ask before using your generator and if you are parked near the Host’s neighbors, please use it sparingly;
- Take all trash with you;
- When departing, thank your Host for your visit, either in person or with a HH thank you hang tag;
- Be aware that local regulations may prohibit off-premises alcohol outside of your RV;
- Members acknowledge that they are insured pursuant to state or provincial laws and agree to take responsibility for their actions and any resulting consequences. Proof of such insurance must be carried in the vehicle. The Host locations have no responsibility for damage or theft to your RV, tow car or personal property, or for injury to you, your family or guests.
- Members agree to comply with the Code of Conduct. Failure to do so harms the Harvest Hosts program for everyone and may be grounds for termination of membership with no refund;
- Content and information received through Harvest Hosts may only be displayed and printed for your personal, non-commercial use and cannot be posted to newsgroups, mail lists, electronic bulletin boards or anywhere else. ANY commercial use of the Host list is prohibited.
- Members agree to hold harmless Harvest Hosts (HH), all Hosts and their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any loss, expense, liability, damage, claim (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) made or brought by or on behalf of you, your family or guests, or brought against HH as a result of your actions, for any and all claims, controversies, actions, causes of actions, liabilities, demands or damages of whatever name or nature that arise from your use of any Harvest Hosts materials or information.