Replacing Your RV Mattress: The Key to Comfy Boondocking
Anyone who has ever spent a night tossing and turning on a thin, lumpy RV mattress knows that a good night’s sleep is essential to enjoying the RV lifestyle. Replacing your mattress can make all the difference!
But here’s the thing: not all RV mattresses are created equal. To make your adventure as comfy and cozy as possible, I created the GhostBed RV mattress to deliver reliable luxury and cooling comfort for the RV enthusiasts and campers among us!
Why I Created the GhostBed RV Mattress
I designed the GhostBed RV mattress to serve an immense need. I heard from my friends, family and loyal customers that they wished they had a better option for their RVs, campers and pop-up trailers. So I got to work. I’ve been making mattresses, pillows, and other sleep products since 2001, and have earned an amazing reputation in the industry—all thanks to the extensive manufacturing experience that I gained working for my family’s business, Werner Ladder Company.
Ultimately, I ended up with 2 fabulous options that’ll help you tackle your next adventure with a full night of rest under your belt.
The Problem With Stock RV Mattresses
Many RVs come equipped with a stock mattress, which is often of poor quality. These mattresses are often made with low-density foam that quickly breaks down and loses shape. As a result, sleepers may feel uncomfortable and may even experience back or neck pain.
Because of this, many people end up replacing their stock mattress with aftermarket options. So if you’re in the market for a new RV mattress, it’s essential to keep the factors below in mind.
How to Select the Best RV Mattress Replacement
Because I’ve been in the mattress industry for over 2 decades, I get a lot of questions about selecting the perfect bed. When it comes to shopping for an RV mattress replacement, there are a few things I’d like you to keep in mind.
- First, you’ll want to know the size of your RV mattress. RV mattresses come in various sizes, so measuring your RV bed before shopping for a replacement is important. Short Queen and Short King are the two most popular RV bed sizes; we offer both sizes in our GhostBed RV line.
- Once you know the size of your RV mattress, you’ll need to decide what type of material you want. At GhostBed, we offer 2 RV mattresses: an all-foam model and a hybrid model. Memory foam RV mattresses are popular because they conform to your body and prevent motion transfer. And hybrid RV mattresses? That’s where you get the best of both worlds. Who doesn’t love a combination of springy support and cooling, contouring comfort?
- Next, you’ll need to decide on firmness. RV mattresses range from very soft to very firm, so choosing one that will be comfortable for you is crucial. If you’re unsure what firmness level you prefer, it’s a good idea to go with one with a “universal feel,” meaning your bed will be suitable whether you’re a back, side, stomach or combination sleeper. Here at GhostBed, we also offer a 101-Night Sleep Trial, so you have a full 3 months to make sure you’re comfortable on your mattress.
- It’s also important to keep your mattress warranty in mind. Some mattress companies don’t offer long warranties on their beds, and I think that’s a shame. We stand by our US-made products; that’s why all GhostBed RV replacement mattresses have a generous warranty of 20 to 25 years, depending on the model.
- Lastly, because of temperature and weather fluctuations, you will want to shop for an RV mattress that is not only cooling but also resistant to bacteria, mold, mildew and dust mites. Our signature memory foam is antimicrobial and sleeps cooler for easy, breezy sleep on the road.
Once you’ve found the perfect RV mattress replacement, you’ll be all set to enjoy many years of comfortable boondocking.
Marc Werner is the founder & CEO of GhostBed, a family-owned business known for creating high-quality sleep products. With a family legacy that spans over 100 years, starting with The Werner Ladder Company in the early 1900s, Marc’s passion for manufacturing and innovating started at an early age. Now, GhostBed’s collection includes 10 award-winning mattresses, a luxury Adjustable Base, a multi-zone memory foam Mattress Topper, and more.
Learn More About Harvest Hosts
We promise not to spam you!
Very well done